CHARLESTON, SC AND SUMMERVILLE, SC MEDICAL MALPRACTICE ATTORNEY
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAW IN SOUTH CAROLINA
It is improbable to believe, but medical malpractice is one of the leading causes of accidental death in the United States. If you or a loved one has been injured by a doctor's breach of a duty of care, you need immediate answers and the compassion and support from a personal injury attorney who is on your side. Contact Jay McMillian and The McMillian Law Firm for a no-obligation case evaluation.
The McMillian Law Firm is known for compassionate and effective legal representation. Call us now at (843) 900-1306 or use the online form to schedule your free no-obligation case evaluation today.
WHAT IS THE BASIS OF MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAW IN SOUTH CAROLINA?
The basic premise in Medical Malpractice cases in South Carolina is as follows:
- The patient is owed a duty of care by a medical professional to be treated in a manner that will not cause further injury or death
- The medical professional will act in a manner that "any reasonable medical provider" would act under the same cirumstances
- If the medical professional breaches the duty of care and acts in a unreasonable manner, the injuries suffered by the patient as a result of that breach of duty are compensable
WHAT ARE EXAMPLES OF MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CASES IN SOUTH CAROLINA
Examples of medical malpractice cases include the following:
- Birth Injuries suffered during delivery
- Errors in administration of anesthesia
- Medication errors including dosage errors and mis-filled prescriptions
- Botched Surgery and surgical errors
- Diagnosis errors including non-diagnosis and mis-diagnosis
DO MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CASES GO TO TRIAL?
The vast majority of medical malpractice cases actually settle before trial. Specifically, the number of cases that settle in this area of tort law is well over 90%. To put it mildly, your case will likely not go to trial. However, Jay McMillian and The McMillian Law Firm, as your Charleston personal injury lawyer, prepares each case so it is ready for trial if necessary.
THE MCMILLIAN LAW FIRM - CHARLESTON, SC AND SUMMERVILLE, SC MEDICAL MALPRACTICE ATTORNEY
Being an experienced personal injury attorney, I have experience dealing with insurance companies. I also know where the courthouse is and will not be afraid to call the insurance company to the mat in front of a judge and jury if necessary.
If you or a loved one has been injured through the negligence of a medical professional in Charleston, Summerville, Mount Pleasant, James Island, West Ashley, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner, North Charleston, or any of the other fine communities of the Low Country, and need to meet with an experienced personal injury lawyer, please contact me to set up your free case evaluation today. Let me help prevent you from being taken advantage of by the insurance company. I am serious and I am here for you! Contact The McMillian Law Firm @ 843-900-1306