CHARLESTON, SC AND SUMMERVILLE, SC PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
GET THE ATTENTION YOU DESERVE FOR THE COMPENSATION YOU DESERVE
Pedestrians injuries are often the product of negligent drivers who are distracted, unaware, or reckless. If you or loved one have fallen victim to a pedestrian injury and you have questions concerning your rights to compensation, start with a free case evaluation from Charleston personal injury attorney Jay McMillian at The McMillian Law Firm. Time is of the essence in any pedestrian injury case, and it is necessary to have sound legal representation from the start. My firm is prepared to fight for you passionately and aggressively, putting your needs as the client first while also being able to offer effective legal representation on a contingency fee basis.
WHO IS AT RISK IN PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS?
Walking sidewalks and crossing streets, particularly in an area with the amount of automobile traffic that we see in the Charleston are, can be very dangerous. Studies have shown that pedestrians are nearly 2 times more likely to be killed in an accident involving an automobile than the driver of a car. One of the more common themes we see in pedestrian accident cases is that alcohol, especially the at-fault driver of the automobile, is often a very important factor.
The highest risk groups of pedestrians are:
- The Elderly
- Persons under the influence of alcohol
WHAT ARE THE COMMON CAUSES OF PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS?
Pedestrian accidents often result in major injuries, including head trauma, spinal injuries and back injuries, broken bones, and disfigurement. The State of South Carolina is one of the worst states in the country when it comes to pedestrian deaths, and this is a trend that has held steady for the better part of a decade.
It is incredible to think that:
- nearly 75% of all pedestrian deaths occur in urban areas
- nearly 70% of all victims of pedestrian accidents are males.
- Approximately 1/3rd of pedestrian injuries occur between the hours of 8:00 pm and Midnight
- Approximately 1/3rd of pedestrians injured by drivers have a blood alcohol level over the legal limit
The Most Common Causes of Pedestrian Injuries Include:
- Distracted driving (texting, talking on a cell, eating, changing the radio station, wearing earbuds)
- Drivers who fall asleep behind the wheel
- Drivers who are driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Drivers who fail to observe or comply to traffic signs and signals
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions
THE MCMILLIAN LAW FIRM - CHARLESTON AND SUMMERVILLE PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Pedestrians injured by negligent drivers have an attorney who will go to the floor for them in Jay McMillian. Jay and The McMillian Law Firm provide not only the expertise, but the compassion that each and every accident victim deserves. Take advantage of the free evaluation and speak with Jay to learn the options you have when it comes to your pedestrian accident injuries in South Carolina.
Receiving a free evaluation from a personal injury attorney like Jay McMillian is a great way to learn about your rights under the law and to preserve your rights to just compensation. The no-obligation case evaluation allows you to present your facts to an attorney to determine if legal action is warranted in your case and to take the necessary steps towards making you whole again.