THE MCMILLIAN LAW FIRM - COMPASSIONATELY AND AGGRESSIVELY SERVING VICTIMS OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS IN CHARLESTON, SC AND SUMMERVILLE, SC
The exhilaration and freedom that riders often enjoy while riding their bikes often works side by side with the inherent danger that is always surrounding motorcycle riders on the roads of South Carolina. The sad truths of operating a motorcycle on the roads of Charleston, SC and Summerville, SC is that:
- By their very nature, motorcycle accidents involve more serious injuries to riders than the injuries suffered by car passengers; and
- That most motor cycle accidents are the result of the negligence of other drivers and not the motorcycle operator!
THE HARD FACTS CONCERNING MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS IN SOUTH CAROLINA
Here's what you should know about motorcycle accidents in South Carolina:
- There were approximately 1,800 motorcycle crashes in South Carolina last year – resulting in nearly 100 fatalities!
- Motorcycle riders are 25 Times More Likely to be killed in an auto accident than other drivers.
- The average age of a motorcycle accident victim in South Carolina is 41 years.
- Over 90% of all motorcycle fatalities are men!
- There are approximately 16 fatalities for every 10,000 registered motorcycles.
- Motorcycle accidents account for approximately 8% percent of all traffic fatalities.
- Head injuries are the leading cause of death in fatal motorcycle accidents, with nearly 75% of all motorcycle deaths being directly attributable to traumatic head injuries.
- The average Emergency Room costs for a rider injured in a motorcycle crash is approximately $5,000, with the average cost of all hospital and medical treatments average nearly $80,000.00.
- The majority of motorcycle crashes occur in the Spring months of April and May, with nearly nearly 2/3rds of accidents occurring on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday
LEADING CAUSES OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS IN CHARLESTON, SC AND SUMMERVILLE, SC
Though a traffic accident can be caused by any number of things, it is actually very easy to examine the reported data and see that there are several leading causes of motorcycle accidents in South Carolina. In addition, the data also supports the conclusion that a vast majority of the time, the motorcycle accident is due to the fault or negligence of another driver and not the operator of the motorcycle.
The leading cause of motorcycle accidents in Charleston, SC and Summerville, SC is negligent drivers. Motorcycle accidents caused by other drivers are most commonly caused by the driver's failure to check blind spots, to maintain a safe distance from the motorcycle operator, or by turning negligently in front of a motorcycle operator at an intersection. Another cause, specifically in South Carolina, are poorly maintained roads and highways. Road conditions are a common cause of motorcycle accidents and present a specific danger that is not a threat in practice to drivers of passenger cars. Negligent drivers are another common cause of collisions with motorcyclists.
The shocking statistics listed above concerning motorcycles accidents are an accurate reflection of the obvious physics and science behind motorcycle accidents. Motorcycles are much smaller and lighter than other vehicles, and do not provide any external safety features for the riders. This obvious condition is why motorcycle accidents often result in catastrophic injury or fatalities. In cases like these, the careless driver who caused the accident can and should be held responsible for the victim's losses.
WHY SHOULD I HIRE A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY TO HANDLE MY MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT CLAIM?
It would be over-simplistic for me to answer this question by saying that you need an attorney to "protect your legal rights." In the specific context of a motorcycle accident, the reason you need the help of a personal injury attorney is rooted in the statistics listed above. Motorcycle accidents involve more serious injuries . . . involve longer hospital stays . . . much higher medical bills . . . more likely to cause permanent disability . . . or even be fatal! The insurance company's willingness to stall, fight, deny, and delay will be directly proportional to the costs incurred and the damages accrued by the innocent operator of the motorcycle. In other words . . . for the insurance company, the more serious the claim, the bigger the fight they will put up to avoid payment on your legitimate claim. When you start talking about the seriousness of the nature of motorcycle accidents and quite frankly, the dollar amounts usually involved in compensating a legitimate claim for a motorcycle accident victim, the insurance company will do everything in its power to try an transfer liability or pay the accident victim at a discount . . . anything to keep you from getting sound legal advice and representation from an attorney!
THE MCMILLIAN LAW FIRM - DEDICATED TO SERVING THE INNOCENT VICTIMS OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS IN CHARLESTON, SC AND SUMMERVILLE, SC
As a Motorcycle Accident lawyer in my solo practice, I will take all necessary steps to protect your rights and earn just compensation for you as a result of your motorcycle accident. Through my efforts, I can bring about much needed financial relief to a motorcycle accident victim who may be suffering from serious injuries and permanent disability. Being a small firm allows you to have direct access to your lawyer during this entire process, with open lines of communication as we work together towards a viable solution to your specific case.
Being an experienced personal injury attorney, I have experience dealing with insurance companies. I also know where the courthouse is and will not be afraid to call the insurance company to the mat in front of a judge and jury if necessary.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident due to the negligent or reckless acts of another in Charleston, Summerville, Mount Pleasant, James Island, West Ashley, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner, North Charleston, or any of the other fine communities of the Low Country, and need to meet with an experienced personal injury lawyer, please contact me to set up your free case evaluation today. Let me help prevent you from being taken advantage of by the insurance company. I am serious and I am here for you! Contact The McMillian Law Firm today @ 843-900-1306