THE MCMILLIAN LAW FIRM PROVIDING PASSIONATE AND AGGRESSIVE LEGAL REPRESENTATION TO CAR ACCIDENT VICTIMS IN CHARLESTON, SC AND SUMMERVILLE, SC
The most obvious answer to the above question, and the answer you will get from most people, is that you should hire an Auto Accident Attorney if your auto accident involved any type of injury for which there are medical bills and expenses. Though that is generally true, there are many other considerations that must be analyzed before coming to such a conclusion.
WHY SHOULD I HIRE AN AUTO ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Just like most questions in life, usually the most important question is WHY! Why should you hire an auto accident attorney. Some people choose not to hire an attorney if they've suffered only minor injuries. A few potential clients who have come into my office for a free case evaluation flat out tell me that they appreciate my time but do not want to pay the attorney fees and rather "do it themselves to save the money." (I am still amazed to this day how many of these people end up coming back to the office for representation once they have had a taste of going one on one with the insurance company)
However, an experienced auto accident attorney can help you go up against big auto insurance companies and their corporate lawyers. The reason an auto accident attorney is so valuable in these matters is not because of the big picture items, it is because an auto accident lawyer will be versed in the details. How to value a case, statute of limitations deadlines, presentment of evidence, proffering eyewitness testimony, pleadings, negotiation - this is where the auto accident attorney becomes invaluable. Its cliched but true, the insurance company has to be convinced that your advocate is going to fight for you! You must have someone on your side willing to not only know the law and the process, but throw the necessary punches to get you compensated. Even if this means filing the lawsuit.
It still amazes me to this day the number of auto accident lawyers who refuse to take a case to trial! Though in most instances a fair settlement is reached, I see too many examples of accident attorneys accepting less that fair value for a case to explicitly avoid trial. Don't be afraid to hire an auto accident attorney who will take your case to a jury.
Hiring an accident attorney should be the top priority for people who:
- Suffered Injuries as a Result of the Auto Accident
- Accrued Medical Bills and / or Face Future Treatments
- Experienced a Loss Of Wages From Missed Work Due to the Auto Accident
FOUR REASONS WHY YOU NEED AN AUTO ACCIDENT ATTORNEY!!
- Injuries as a Result of an Auto Accident
- The severity of your injuries directly affect the amount of compensation you are entitled to receive:
- Types of injuries suffered
- Recovery time from injuries
- Costs of current and future medical treatments (and any other therapeutic procedures)
- Long-Term and Permanent Injuries
- A long-term injury is one that lasts for around a year. A permanent injury is an injury that causes a lifelong disability or condition.
- The medical and legal proof required to show a long-term and / or permanently injury is very specific and must be documented and presented in the correct manner. A competent auto accident attorney will consult with each of your medical providers to discuss treatments and future medical needs. It is common for your accident attorney to also arrange for your treating medical professionals to appear at trial to testify concerning your injuries.
- This is the brick wall most lay people will encounter when trying to face the insurance company alone!
- You may have the admission of the other driver, you may have a police report, you may eyewitness testimony, buy the big insurance companies are infamous for using this tactic to stall and deny payment of a legitimate injury claim!
- An experienced auto accident attorney will know how to "lay the bricks" to satisfy the legal burden of showing negligence of the at-fault driver. This specific aspect of an injury claim is where having a competent auto accident attorney can save you the most time and get the appropriate compensation paid faster!
- Refusal to Pay
- Big Insurance Companies will just try to wear you down! You need the money, they don't. Their number one game is to wait you out and make you accept less because they know, in most cases, you can not afford to haggle in negotiation for months on end.
- This is where having an attorney willing to fight and go the distance will benefit you! Your auto accident attorney has to be willing to fight fire with fire. Clients benefit from the drafting skills and oral argument capabilities of an auto accident attorney who knows how to find his way to the courthouse and will pull out all the punches to get you to a settlement that is proper.
THE MCMILLIAN LAW FIRM - CHARLESTON, SC AND SUMMERVILLE, SC AUTO ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Contact me at The McMillian Law Firm. Once you have obtained legal representation on your matter, the insurance company must cease direct contact and deal with your lawyer instead. Contact me as soon as possible so that I may conduct a site visit of the accident and begin to obtain witness statements, police reports, and all relevant materials I need to build your case towards an acceptable settlement or trial.
It is never too early to contact me! Each and every day is a day the insurance company will try and short-change your claim. I am available for home visits, hospital visits, nights and weekends, just let me know what works for you.
If you have been involved in a car accident and live in Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, Summerville, James Island, West Ashley, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner, Walterboro, Folly Beach, or any of the other fine communities of the South Carolina Low Country, contact The McMillian Law Firm now!! 843-900-1306 or email at [email protected]